Ever wonder why we worry so much? Some do more than others. But why do we worry at all?
Are we unconvinced that God can provide our every need? I think so.
"No thanks, God. I don't need your help today. I can handle this all by myself. Why don't you just go back to Heaven and sit on your throne while I take care of it?"
And the next thing you know...
"God!! Hellooooooo...Where the heck are you??!!"
Am I the only one that is noticing something weird going on here?
My conclusion: Worry is the result of us thinking that we're better than we actually are, that we've got the skills to get through life on our own. Only when we finally break down from all of the stress of our daily lives and see the lie for what it is can we lean on God for his support. Until then, it's like standing in the middle of a category five hurricane with only an umbrella and saying that we're totally fine, when what we actually need is some real shelter.
When we lean on God, the worst case scenarios just sort of disappear, and the storm is barely a drop of rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment