I don't write lyrics very often, but every once and awhile something gets spit out.
The Battle is Almost Over
VS. 1
My sword looks like a dagger,
And my shield's not made of gold.
And I'm standing here in the middle of the battle just trying to do what I've been told.
VS. 2
And this armor feels so heavy.
My stength is wearing thin.
I turn to look at you, and you remind me with these words again:
CHORUS
Keep your eyes on me;
I won't let you fall.
When you're feeling weak,
I'll give you my all.
And when you don't think
That you can
Stand up proud an tall,
Just remember
That I love you,
And you are not alone.
VS. 3
So stop crying, keep trying.
My strength is enough for you.
Keep going, just one more day. I promise that you'll make it through.
BRIDGE
I know you can't see the light at the end, but it's waiting there for you.
CHORUS
Keep your eyes on me;
I won't let you fall.
When you're feeling weak,
I'll give you my all.
And when you don't think
That you can
Stand up proud an tall,
Just remember
That I love you,
And you are not alone.
Nickleback
ReplyDelete