Monday, October 25, 2010

So Far to Go

So here I am, hours from eightteen, but I still have so far to go. Am I where I want to be? No. I don't think I ever will be. I don't think anyone ever is. That's ok, though. It's how it should be. If we ever stop growing, we're either moving backwards or dead. Still, when I look back on this year, I see how far I've come. My eyes have been opened to God's great world of color, and I've learned what it could be like to be extraordinary.
I've got so far to go, and I'm still learning how to get there.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
There's no such thing as the straight and narrow. Life is rocky and treacherous with its twists and turns; no one makes it out alive. Yet, for the blessed few, life awaits on the other side.
Tomorrow isn't about taking life to the next level. It's about taking just one more small step.

No comments:

Post a Comment