Just thought I'd put a disclaimer on this post before I really start typing. I'm not trying to be a downer when I write this; it was just a random thought - one of many - that happened to cross my mind today.
Does it ever seem to you that the memories that are strongest in you mind are the bad ones? Or is it just me, pessimistic as I can be? Either way, I'm not saying that I've forgotten all of the good times that I've had, but for some reason the bad times are often the most poignant ones in my mind. Perhaps that is because a person doesn't usually grow during the good times; the bad times shape us into who we are and force us to become stronger and develop character.
Here is another frequently asked question: Why does God even allow bad things to happen to good people in the first place? or Why does He allow bad things to happen at all?
First of all, remember that we live in a fallen world with sin and death. If something bad happens to you, you shouldn't start blaming God. Technically, you should blame Adam. Thanks a lot Adam! Bad things happen in our world today because man has chosen to misuse the free will that God has given him. When it really comes down to it, you and I are as much to blame as Adam is. We were born into a sinful world. We're sinful, and we're going to continue to sin until we die because we're flawed.
Secondly, don't think for even a second that God can't use your mistakes, your problems, and your bad times for His purposes. Remember David and his affair with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband Uriah? HUGE mistake, but God redeems David when he turns back to Him. David goes down in history as an awesome king and "a man after God's own heart". Wow! And remember, just a little more recently, the earthquakes in the Far East? How many people do you think now have a personal relationship with God because of the spots that were opened up for His servants to go into that country to teach and clean up the rubble?
God is present in earth's tragedies; He's present in yours. He's using the bad times in your life to mold you and bring you closer to Him, especially if you're already His child. If you aren't, maybe He's using these rough spots to show you how real His truly is. Either way, don't lose heart. Even your worst moments serve a purpose in the grander scheme of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment