Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Betrayed

This thing, the one thing that most people claim as their most valuable asset, has betrayed me once again, laid my heart and mind bare for my peers, my family, my friends, my enemies - if the exist - and for the world to see.

A thought twitters and flits across my mind, and it is instantly put on display on this screen. I've been compromised.

Still, they only see the ripple on the surface of the water. If I am prompted, in any way, to reveal the depths of the tidal wave, I leave all others standing mouth agape in its wake. They don't expect it, can't handle it, can't comprehend it. What I unleash is so unlike me, their version of me, and...it terrifies them, intimidates them.

Is it better to speak and be misunderstood or to keep people forever guessing of one's thoughts, emotions, and intentions?

Keeping a straight face is a challenge and one that I rarely meet. When I conquer this streaming presentation of my inner contemplations, I discover an insurmountable sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. But this does not happen more than twice a month, at the very best.

My glittering - or glowing - eyes, my cocked brows, my curling lips! You have betrayed me again.

And they do not understand why you arrange yourselves the way you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment