Friday, February 10, 2012

Makeovers...

...they are good once in a while, no?

Once in four years isn't enough. As stated in my previous post, I knew I wanted to start a blog so that I could one day use it as my main website as a published author. The old thing I had just wasn't going to cut it anymore, but I was loath to throw away entirely the blog that had been "Jane Opal, The Official Site" because I have some nice posts on here from the good ol'e days. That being said, I'm introducing now my new, updated blog, "Not so long ago and close at hand..."

It's the antithesis of "Once upon a time in a land far away..." I want my readers, especially my young readers who have an interest in writing, to realize that dreams can be achieved with hard work and perseverance. Henry David Thoreau wrote, "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." Five years ago, I started building my castle, and now I have a foundation under it. I used to look at the author biographies on the backs of my novels and think, "My! What interesting lives they must lead. They aren't real, everyday people." And yet, at some point, they were...and probably still are.

If you have a dream, do not give up on it. Place it in God's hands, because He holds your dreams close to His heart. He may not grant a wish at first. He may say, "Wait." And dare to dream that He might even have something better for you, something greater than you could have imagined.

He likes to blow our minds that way.

Sometimes we forget how big God is. Please, don't. It's the biggest mistake you could make.

No comments:

Post a Comment