Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ahhhh....

Spring.

Isn't it about time? The past two weeks here at college, though, spring has had a head start. It's nearly impossible to focus on homework when it's sunny and 70 degrees just outside the window by my bed where I do most of my work. Evening and late-night walks are a blessing--when the homework is finally done.

The trees are beginning to blossom, and as tempting as it is to pick off every single flower right now and save it for myself, I know that that would be unwise. I'm in the springtime of my life right now, but if I try and snatch up every flower, they will eventually fade, and there will be no cool emerald shade in the summer or fruit at harvest.

So enjoy the spring. Be immersed in the sights and sounds and smells, but don't ravish the season. The best is yet to come.

Some poems from other authors for your enjoyment:

"An Apple Gathering" by Christina Rossetti
http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/crossetti/bl-crossetti-apple.htm

"In Just" by e.e. cummings
http://www.poetry-archive.com/c/in_just.html

"Spring" by Gerard Manley Hopkins
http://poetry.about.com/library/weekly/blhopkinsspring.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment