Friday, June 1, 2012

Looking Back

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending the Commencement ceremony for Lititz Christian School's graduating class of 2012. It's hard to believe that that was me a year ago. It seems like forever ago, and yet it's gone so fast. A year ago, I was sweating over the prospect of delivering my speech at graduation, and if I had to do it all over again, I probably still would be. My classmates and I have all moved in different directions, but last night I got so sit down and talk to some of them over milkshakes at Wendy's after the ceremony. It's interesting to see that even though life changes, some people don't change at their core.

But that could change, in another year's time.

For me, this has been a big year. It's been a year of firsts. First time quitting a paying job. First year of college. First time sharing a room. First time finding a church for myself. First car. First published novel. First boyfriend. First book signing (June 12th). First time as a bridesmaid (June 23rd). First overseas ministry (July 8th). First....yeah, I'll probably think of something else later.


- Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment