Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Okay, I know it isn't Christmas yet, but it seems like I'm just starting to get in the mood now. So humor me!

I think it's because I've finally been able to check my brain out of school. I realize that many schools are now closed for Christmas and New Year's vacation, but, unfortunately, I still have a day and a half. It shouldn't be too bad, though. Monday won't be too hectic I'm sure, and Tuesday will be filled with class parties! Well, at least half of Tuesday will be...

This year, my family will be staying home for Christmas day. My mom's work schedule got a tad changed around this year, but I will still be able to spend a few days with my grandparents and other family members during New Year's. Something else new this year - my dad is finally going to let us open our presents in our JIM JAMS!! haha. That's pajamas for you who don't speak British. It's been a "family tradition" of sorts, and a lame one in my opinion, that we have all always needed to be dressed and seated in the living room before the unwrapping of the gifts begins. But not this year!

The tree is decorated, the stockings are hung, and Christmas music is playing almost non-stop. Is anyone else sick of hearing Dominic the Donkey on the radio yet???!!!! MAN. I can't stand that song...I'd like to throttle the person that wrote it. Anyways...

I hope that you all have a very merry Christmas if I don't talk to any of you or write again before then, and I pray that you will all remember the reason why we celebrate this holiday! In the words of Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one!" haha.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh is it terrible that I'm extremely jealous you live in the UK and get to celebrate Christmas there? Blame it on "The Holiday" but I'd love to wake up to snow and presents in the English countryside. =]

    Thanks for stopping by - keep the spirit going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jane, Praying for a peaceful and bountiful Christmas.

    Blessings
    Jhunnelle

    ReplyDelete