Have you ever felt worn out? Of course that's a rhetorical question, because I know that everyone has at some point or another.
Life can get that way sometimes. It just wears you down, wears you out. You go and go and go just like the Energizer Bunny until your batteries just completely run out. Well, that's how I've been lately.
It's hard for me to remember that God is the one doing the work, and I'm just his tool. I feel like I have to do the work myself. I feel dull, like I've been overused. I'm being worn down, and so I feel...ineffective, un-useful. I've been working so hard, doing everything that I feel I can to make a positive impact in other people's lives, but in reality, I feel as though I'm doing nothing at all.
I know that God needs sharp tools for his work. Not necessarily sharp as in intelligent, but sharp as in prepared for affective use. God doesn't want the perfect people, but he does want people that are willing to be used by him.
I can't do anything sitting on the self, but I can't do anything if I'm not sharp either.
I want to know what my purpose is. I want to know specifically what God has planned for me. And...I think I do know, except the thing that he wants me doing, I have no time for right now.
It's becoming increasingly harder for me to believe that I'm making an impact. It seems like the more tired I get, the less I feel that I'm accomplishing. I just have to trust that God will complete the work he's started through me.
Ecclesiastes 3:14
I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Well I would like to know how you personally "know" to belief in Christ is the answer?
ReplyDeleteWell I spent 18 years as a Catholic, I went through the entire "purifying" process from baptism to confirmation and almost devoted my life to that cause. I also annoyerd others with my somewhat aggresive evangelising discussions. I have definately opened my mind up since then and still like to stay objective to those views. I now prefer a different challenge when it comes to deciding what life is about.
ReplyDeleteAt this point in my life I know for certain there are no real answers. The only thing I can suggest is to find your own reason to exist and base your life off of that meaning.
ReplyDeleteAll these remarks where written by me in the perspective of each category. Since I do not believe in a real answer for any situation then I will explain things in the views that better accomodates the reader. For example those people who disregard religion will only want to listen to a scientific viewpoint while vice versa for the religious and those people who appreciate the way I process information can read my view on the topic.
In my last post I stated I am going to change up to this writing style. I understand it is a bit unorthodox but I like to leap not crawl.
So when I ask about your viewpoints on your beliefs I will always give you the benefit of the doubt and listen. I feel it is only fair such as I will do the same for any other views I come across.
I am much more interested in how yours and everyone elses mind receives, stores and processes information. The outcome of your thoughts make little difference to me I just appreciate how the mind works.
Funny I suspected a comment like that because I myself have asked the same question just as billions others have. I already answered what I believe is our purpose in my earlier paragraph. You live your life through Christ, my best friend lives it through trying perfecting himself mentally, others through making the world a better place politically economically or environmentally, while some spend every waking moment studying the physiology of ones structure to prolongue anothers life and I am living for understanding one's own mind to help stabilize all of our state of mental health.
ReplyDeleteWe all find a reason to live and none of us knows what happens at the end so why give in to the pessimism of "well if I die it doesn't matter because nothing is going to happen anyway". I fully respect your decision to live just as well as I do any who finds a purpose to exist. Of course we all need to fill that void inside us as you will see everyone who has devoted their life to a purpose, that suits them, is truly happy. This is all that truly matters (to me, of course).
Back to the subject of my blog, I will help the reader any way I can by supplying any information to the direction they desire (that I can offer of course), hence the three viewpoints.
I also never stated there is no answers just no "real" answers, as in one reason to live and none others. We have been around for 200,000 years and noone can say this is what is to become.
In response to your last question why end your life when you have not lived?
I hope I did not offend you I would hate to lose an intelligent mind such as yourself from granting me the pleasure of reading your comments of my writings.
First of all a "true" right and wrong cannot exist and is irrelevent and secondly everything matters.
ReplyDeleteReality is subjective. No "if" "ands" or "buts" about it; every thought you have is obviously formed by you, so in turn all your beliefs can only pertain to you and should not be made to alter thing path of somene else. A "right" path is impossible because you can only see things from your perspective and cannot tell someone else "this is how it is". So the only way to live in this world is by what you believe is the path to follow since there is not any certain way.
Even if tehre was someone who "knew" there is a one and true path for everyone you are still going to ve subject to interpretation. Just like you did not understand what I was trying to explain in my earlier post, you cannot fully understand someone else unless you haev lived there life and think like them. We shall be forever oblivious to the mindset of each other.