The answer? Nothing. Not really.
Oh, I mean, there's plenty new in my life, but what's new in my writing? Not much...which is more than nothing.
Soooo...Right! Writing. In September, I wrote "The Worst Birthday Poem Ever" for two of my dear friends who happen to celebrate the same day of birth. This poem was later, on a whim, submitted to Grove City College's literary magazine, the Echo, and accepted. It will be published in the forthcoming issue! It's been awhile since anything of mine has been published, so I wanted to share that news.
But wait! There's more! (My, this post has escalated from dreary to dramatic rather quickly, hasn't it?) I am currently working on readying another book for self-publishing. It's one that I wrote in tenth grade and had up on a separate blog over a year ago. Some of you will remember it, others will not. This is the second novel I ever finished--The Battle. I can not say decisively when this book will be out. My goal is to have it ready for print sometime over Christmas break. (We get a month off for that, but my time may be cut short by other exciting obligations.) In the mean time, I am currently having a dear friend proofread the MS for me. She will also be lending her photography skills for the cover art if all goes well. After a final proofread and edit by myself and some formatting, it should be ready!
In closing, I hope that you all had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday, ate plenty of turkey (or tofu, if you're into that), and succeeded in not getting run over by insane shoppers today. Next stop, Christma--I mean...finals! Woo.
--Jess
I can't wait to read The Battle!
ReplyDeleteAlso, congratulations on getting published in the Echo! I'll actually have to read it for once!