Saturday, August 9, 2008

My time as an SIT

Thanks for the camp stories! I especially liked the one about the prank. :]

This last week of camp was amazing. As staff in training, I got to follow around some of the day camp counselors and hang out with the little people all day on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was with the Nature Instructor on Thursday, and I even got to teach a lesson on emus! lol. She has a great job. Even though she had to teach the same lesson seven times, she always made it interesting for the kids. The other counselors and staff are encouraging and friendly. It's impossible not to feel comfortable around them. I jsut had a blast. Words can't even discribe how much I will miss everyone!

I want to go back next year as a day camp counselor. Seeing the smiles on the kids faces just warms my heart. I'm finding out more and more why Jesus put such a special emphasis on children.

Matthew 19:13-14
Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


I hope that, at some point in your lives, you get to impact a child's life in a positive way. You could help provide aid for a kid in another country, or you could interact with them first-hand here in the United States. Either way, it's an invaluable ministry. The kids are the future. What are you leaving behind for them is what they'll build on themselves someday.

3 comments:

  1. I am taking Sunday School classes for little children in my church. I love sharing with them from the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never really had an opportunity to go camping........but being with kids, spreading the Word......lovely!.......makes me want to somehow experience it all!

    ReplyDelete