How when it rains really steadily all day, it seems like it will never stop? I mean, it just keeps coming and coming and coming with no end in sight. And who trusts the weatherman anymore?
Streets start to flood - especially the back roads that are always crowded with horses and buggies. Puddles form; creeks overflow.
The sky is saturated and dove-gray.
It keeps raining through the night. There isn't even a low rumble of thunder or a small flash of lightning to wake you from your peaceful slumber. There's only the steady patter of rain to lull you gently off to sleep.
Rain like this is different than a storm. Storms are brief, intermediate. But this kind of rain...it seems impossibly endless.
Then you wake up the next morning, half-expecting to see that it still hasn't stopped...But it has. The first rays of sunlight are shining down through the sodden trees, and the driveway is still wet. As the day drags on, the pavement starts to steam. The sun rises higher in the sky. Where was the sun yesterday? you wonder. Where was the sun when there were things to be done outside?
Well, of course the sun was still there. It's always there, even when it's not shining.
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe.
From I Believe In Love by Barlow Girl
Hi Jane,
ReplyDeleteComing across your site for the first time.,. Your post has much depth than what it meets the eye
(Hope, iam rite, or is that Iam looking to much into words ;D )
What you said is right. The Sun is always there. It only needs trust and belief to carry us forward in certain moments.,.
Lovely thoughts.,. Keep Empowering !!
Would love to hear your feedback on my post.,.
Cheers.
Prashant
*+
I love your post!
ReplyDeleteIt just remind me that whatever weather we have, it maybe windy, sunny or spring or winter. We know that the sun is always there, and waiting for the right time to shine.
Yes God is always there, we may not feel His hands or experience His presence. But we can trust His heart....that He loves Us so much.
Blessings