Thing is with me - I can a little crazy sometimes, especially when I haven't had enough sleep. Other times when I'm sleep-deprived (like now for example) I'm just...plain tired. No craziness, just a pair of eyes that won't stay open. And then my contacts get dry and sticky...Ugh. I'd love to take 'em out, but I'm babysitting next door and the 'rents won't be home for another 45 minutes yet. ('Skay, they let me use their computer!) =]
Anywho, I had sooo much homework tonight! No respite from the teachers, but I can handle it as long as I lean on God for His strength. Otherwise, I'd be head-long over my books right now sawing logs.
I have a science quiz tomorrow on the periodic table; we need to have twenty-or-something of the elements memorized, including their abbreviations and placement on the table. I also have a vocab quiz, and I need to memorize Joshua 1:5-6 by seventh period tomorrow. Most likely, I'll be memorizing it during sixth period like quite a few other kids in my class. See, I'd made this "commitment" to actually try and memorize my verse each week so I wouldn't be stressing the day of the quiz, and see how I've done! I just have so much other homework that I keep putting it off until the last moment. Not good.
Let's see, now. What else is tomorrow? Well, I had about thirty-six math problems to do tonight, and I had ten of them done before I found out that I was in the wrong lesson. So I had to get another sheet of paper and start all over again! Oh well...That's the way it goes sometimes.
One thing is sure: I will sleep well tonight!!
I'd like to just share one more thing before I leave for the night.
One of my youth leaders was telling us about her high school ministry experiences on Wednesday night. It went something like this:
She hang out with mostly guys during high school. In her history class one year, she sat next to four boys, who she was friends with. God had put it on her heart to share the gospel with these four, so she did. One said that he'd heard it before, but he wasn't ready to accept God yet. His attitude was, "I have plenty of time. God can wait until I'm older. I want to enjoy my life now while I'm young."
Another was already a Christian, but he hadn't been living it so no one knew. After high school, he married one of his class mates and became a missionary.
Another became a Christian later, and he had the opportunity to share his good news with my youth leader years later when they met coincidentally on her road. He was working as a contractor, building a house nearby, and he had the pleasure of telling her that because she shared God's love with him (and she was the first to do so) he had become a Christian.
The fourth...I don't think that she ever found out what happened to him. But can you guess what happened to the first guy?
This same guy that said, "I have time," was killed in a head on collision two weeks after he graduated high school. Guess he didn't have as much time as he thought.
So which one are you? Are you the one sharing God's love? Are you the Christian hiding your faith? Or are you headed somewhere that you don't want to go and misjudging the time that it will take to get there?
You aren't guaranteed tomorrow.
Good night all! Hopefully, I'll be hitting the hay before too long.
- Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment