Wednesday, November 12, 2008

There are two things that I can think of...

...that are guarantee, sure-fire ways to cheer you up.

1) Serve someone else.

There are a lot of ways you can do this, but just performing some type of work helps you get rid of any bad potential energy. I don't mean that in a psychic-or-whatever way...I just mean that it isn't good to keep everything bottled up inside. Sometimes you just want to punch something, and sometimes you actually do. Er, not good. Right?

So one of the best things to do when you're feeling angry or upset is to help someone else. It gets rid of all of that pent up energy, and it also takes you focus off your problems for awhile until you've cooled down and you can deal with them with a level head.

2) Count your blessings.

Little ones, big ones. It doesn't even matter. Something about feeling thankful and then thanking God for all He's done for you and all He's given you just lifts your heart.



I was feeling down today. My act of service? Obeying my dad and getting some exercise by walking/running outside on my day of from school. Actually, that was part of the original problem. Confusing to you? Probably.

Anyways, walking/running to the local park helped. Then I sat around on the swings for awhile and sort of let myself daydream. I thought back to when I was a little kid playing make-believe with a friend.

I'm thankful for some of those people in my life, the ones that were around when I was small. Sometimes I wish I could go back...

Another thing I'm thankful for it whoopie pies. Don't even ask why that came to my mind while I was thinking up a list of things to be thankful for. lol. Maybe it's the natural female attraction to chocolate. I dunno. But I thank God for whoopie pies!

Darn...Wish we had some around the house. Well, my mom needs to go shopping anyways. Maybe I'll sneak them onto her grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment