Sunday, November 30, 2008

the Meanderings of My Mind before Monday

My nose is half-clogged, and still I was able to smell the heavy scent of Mom's butterscotch chip cookies this afternoon.

It's the very picture of a gray rainy day, and whether that or my sinus cold is affecting my mood is hard to tell.

Responsibility often comes to late and accountability often comes too early - at least the way I see it.

Man, I hate this biology project.

I didn't get out and run at all over Thanksgiving vacation. As a result, I will be very tired during the middle of running in basketball practice tomorrow. But maybe I won't be the only one.

Oh, May Bee! Come here, May Bee! (Inside Joke)

Being a Christian doesn't mean that your life is going to be perfect. It doesn't mean that you have all of the answers figured out. It doesn't mean that you won't have gray, rainy days. It doesn't mean that people will never annoy you. It doesn't mean that you will know exactly how to deal with every thought, every decision, every desire, or every circumstance.
It does mean a hope for a better tomorrow when today seems lousy. It does mean that that hope never goes away, no matter how bad things get.

Thanksgiving leftovers can last long enough to feed a person on Christmas day.

There is such a thing as "too many mashed potatoes".

Your family can kick you out of the house, trip you so you land in the mud, insult you, and do the worst possible things to you, but at the end of the day, they're still your family. You still love them, and you'd still do just about anything for them. That is, if you aren't completely bitter and hard-hearted. That's a dangerous place to be in.

How does a person live when their heart has grown so cold that they can't even feel it beating, either from hate or sorrow, or even both? Do you go on from day to day, just hoping that things will get better? And when a good day finally does come along for you, do you have hope? What about when times get bad again? Do you have a hope that lasts, or are you just hanging around, not knowing which way to turn because they all seem just as dark as the next? It seems that after one good day out of a hundred bad ones, the next bad one is worse than the others before. You can turn your head the other way and refuse to acknowledge those bad times, but only for so long. What are you doing? What do you think you can do on your own to make your life any better?

Over all, this seems to be a pretty negative post, don't you think? I'm not really trying to be negative. Sorry. I think I'm just procrastinating because I really don't want to work on biology, but I've procrastinated long enough.

Toodles and Noodles.

- Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment