Something interesting crossed my mind this afternoon....Gosh, that isn't unusual AT ALL....Anyway, why do you think Jesus was so unpopular? I could think of two main reasons. Jesus doesn't take all of our problems away, and he doesn't help us deal with our sin.
He helps us deal with our problems, and he takes away our sin.
John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
I'm not sure why, but it seems like most people get that concept mixed up - even a lot of Christians do! We get so wrapped up in our own circumstances that we forget what God is capable of and what he's promised to do for us. So do yourself a favor: don't forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment