Heh. Sorry. I don't think so.
Ever wish that you had that chance, though? No, not to fly, silly. I mean the chance to be someone else's angel. Even if it's just for a day.
To make a lasting impact.
To make a difference in a life.
To be indispensable.
To be necessary.
To be appreciated.
To be needed.
To be someone's all.
Well, not their all. I firmly believe that God should be your all. So could I be someone else's second-all? All-runner-up?
Isn't that what we all want, though, even if we never admit it to ourselves? We want someone to love us while we're here and to remember us [fondly] when we're gone.
Maybe I'm making more of an impact than I realize. I suppose that I won't realize how many lives I've touched - or could have touched - until I get to Heaven someday. Maybe that's God's way of keeping me humble here on earth.
But Heaven can wait.
I'm just not sure I can.
You see, I want that chance so badly: to be someone else's angel.
No comments:
Post a Comment