Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weird dream...

Ok, so after reading Reluctant Dreamer's latest blog, I decided to share the most significant dream of mine that I can remember.

It started out in my school, except...The building was different, even though the people were the same. Skipping past all of the already weird, normal dream stuff (ie - things not being what they should be and people saying things that they probably shouldn't)...

My guy best friend had moved far away shortly after sixth grade. He was the nice popular guy that everyone liked. It was hard losing him, even though we still kept in touch.

In my dream, which occurred just a week before the beginning of eight grade, all of the other guys in my class were trying to convince me that he had come back. This was a cruel joke on me, considering that I had had a bit of a crush on this guy, too.

I kept arguing with them, "No! That can't be him." Why? Because this new guy had brown eyes, and the original had blue. Other than that, they actually looked similar in build and hair color.

I wake up...One week later, on the first day of eight grade, the look-alike from my dream walks in, the new kid in the class. I even had to do a double take, because at first I thought I was seeing things. I had NEVER seen this guy before outside of school, except in my dream. Immediately, I thought, This guy is trouble. Avoid him at all costs!

Well, don't tell me that I was being judgemental before I even got to know him. Because for the next two years until he left the school, he proved himself to be very rude, disrespectful, and conceited. He was also pretty popular, like my other friend. We never got along. At least, I can't remember a time that we did.

Now, listen. I don't want you to think ill of this person when he isn't here to defend himself. As much as I dislike him, I'll speak in his defense:

I don't think that deep down he was really a jerk. I think that a lot of it was the influence he received from some other people in our class. On occasion, he would even tell me that he respected me and how I was so smart and blah blah blah...I think most of the time he even meant it, but it's hard to believe that a person is being sincere when their actions don't always show it.

No one is perfect, but they still have a choice. This guy chose, like so many capable others, to settle for less than what they were created to be. He chose not to step up and be the godly leader that he could have been. He chose to be seen as a trouble-maker because that was the image that he thought he wanted.

So...Once again, share time has evolved into something more important. For any men, young or old, out there reading this: Don't settle for less! Don't think that acting cool, macho, arrogant and conceited, drinking, doing drugs, driving fancy cars, etc...will make you a better man. Don't settle for less than what you were created for! Men were made to be strong leaders, honest and humble. Humility is NOT a sign of weakness! I know it's hard, with the media painting such a twisted image of what you think you should be and how all of the sitcoms on TV paint the men as such idiots. That isn't what you're supposed to be!

If you're having trouble finding out what you were meant for, try reading the Bible, or find a godly man to look up to as an example. But please, please, don't waste your life on something meaningless.

5 comments:

  1. wow, what a weird dream. coicidence? lol.

    oh the stereotypes of the television! when will they end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...this was an interesting blog. Ya know I think your dream was seriously trying to tell ya something. It's cool because it's almost like in your dream...even though people were trying to convince you that your old friend was back...you kept saying NO! Because you could see that his eye color was not the same.

    Now I don't know what color this guy's eyes were in real life but eyes have many different meanings- some say it is the window to the soul. So that small potion of your dream was actually very significant. Your dream was telling you the character of this dude was not the same as the other.

    Great Insight. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can create your own poll in blogger. go to Layout--->Page Elements---> Add a Page Element--> Scroll down to Poll---> Add to Blog
    ta da! you can then create your very own poll to add to your blog!

    as for me...well...medically, i'm fine, healthy. emotionally, i feel like a mess, but it's been that way for a while now, so it can't go on much sooner right? as for Christianity...i've studied about it in school, but i don't think it's for me. i'm not sure about God, i don't believe in one, but i won't deny that one exists either. i forgot the term used to describe such a person.

    anyways, i'll try and catch up to your story soon. it's just summer homework that's keeping me busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry. i can't answer your question here on blogger. i don't like posting where i go or where i am on the internet :( but if you e-mail me then i can answer your question. check my profile for e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete