Thursday, October 9, 2008

I don't even know how to word my thoughts right now...

...So get ready for another one of my crazy rambling sessions.

Why is it the when I have a good idea or decent advice, people don't listen? Why is it that when I want to tell someone something, either they simply refuse to listen....or they just aren't around to listen? Why is it that certain people take me for granted and only talk to me or ask me for help when they think that they will benefit? Why do I let myself be taken advantage of?

Why haven't I completely blown up in everyone's face and started cursing everyone out yet? Well, I do know the answer to that question: I'd be living with a whole lot of regret and guilt. God's holding me back - barely, it seems at times - but still He is. He's keeping me in check. He's keeping me from screwing up. It's only by His grace that I haven't killed anyone by now. (I say that loosely, and yet not so loosely because words can kill.)

I actually asked two of my classmates about that today. I was getting really frustrated with a certain group of people in my class, and I asked these two, "Could you ever see me just getting really ticked off and then cursing someone out?" They both kind of laughed and said yes.
Then my one friend added, "But then you would be really guilty afterwards and feel really bad about it."

And she was completely right. Usually, I'm this passive-aggressive type of person. I let things slide, but I'll still be steaming for awhile. It usually goes away if I don't focus on the problem or after I've worked the situation through in my head, and I can get over it. Other times, I can reach my limit and really blow up. I've been getting better at being patient over the past few years, but I'll never be where I want to be in that department.

I asked another friend at lunch today, "Why does no one ever listen to me?"
He replied, "I think it's a red head thing. After all, look at me. No one ever listens to me, either."



Soo...I guess maybe now I can blame two things on my hair.
1) The urge to just blow up at people and totally lose my cool.
2) Not having anyone listen to me.





Maybe I should get my hair dyed?
Nah.



P.S. - Seventeen days until my birthday!!

4 comments:

  1. maybe people never listen to what they need to hear. they only pay attention to the nonsense that entertains them for a second.

    or maybe it is a redhead thing, lol j/k :)

    i just realized your birthday is before mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello angel.

    And you are indeed an angel. I'm afraid I am not as patient as you are. And the one thing I always tell my friends..."I will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear."
    I admire you. It takes a lot of strength to hold back what could verbally kill another...lol

    Still...don't let 'em walk all over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice. I know you are right about what you wrote.

    Thanks you

    P.S. Are you really gonna dye your hair? : ) Red heds have pretty hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's always better to listen carefully before you speak.

    When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his
    tongue is wise. Pro. 10:19

    you always have God listening to you:)

    ReplyDelete