Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's extremely possible that...

...the reason that I'm attracted to blogging and other bloggers(not that kind of attraction, just a sense of connection) is because many other bloggers are like me: they are original.

And, yes, I realize that there was a contradiction in that sentence.

Here is a little something that I composed the end of this school year. It sounds a bit corny to me now, as many of my spur-of-the-moment writings do. However, at the time, I was just completely fed up with about half of my class. This little bit describes that very group.





Chiding Unoriginality

How I despise those who have not one original thought in their heads.

Where their peers go, they go. If one is not going, then the whole clan stays at home.

What their companions do, they do. If one chooses not to, they are ostracized.

What their friends say, they say. If they say it not, then they are in danger of being thought stupid.

And all the time they never think twice or wonder if this is something that THEY would do, because they are no longer themselves, but someone else.

And so, selfless clone, I’ve but four words for you.
Monkey see.
Monkey do.

12 comments:

  1. pffff these kind of ppl just suck...if others dont think like them that means they r stupid or freak..... I h8 that, some ppl in here do the same, i dont like the music they like, i dont think or act like them n that made me freak n stupid 4 them 4 a long time, they kept mocking n bothering me.
    But i didnt care 4 them cuz im me n i wont change myself 4 them.
    How old r u if u dont mind my question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane! Believe me, you are the first person I am commenting so passionately about. You sound so real, so independent (thoughts), so poetic that I assure you I will be a good friend of you provided "you keep writing like this" We can share as I am a bit spiritualist. See u at -[www.imyselfanduniverse.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i share the same problem you do. half of my class was like that. they kept following each other around and ridiculed anyone who didn't join their little circle.

    oh and i am curious about your story :) if you post it i would be glad to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read ur coms, sure i understand y u wont tell n thats y i said if u dnt mind my Q.
    N yeah we must try 2 b nice with them n i never thought im better than they r,im just different....lol
    N urvw 4nthn abt the calrify thng.....i love ur blog n ur ideas, u r so mature "frm ur writing" btw
    Love to read more of ur writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wandered over here from your comments on Dragonraid's blog. I'm also interested in your story, let me know when you post it, I want to read it. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog, keep on writting.

    Blessings
    Jhunnelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah ur right! They think its cool to act like a fool or in an immature way!
    Its stupid way of thinking..!
    Im glad that u agree with me on my definimtion XD
    Srry i was late to reply!
    I have a Q if u dont mind?
    How to make the list of others blogs that we like?
    1 more thng can u move the word verification "I think thats its name" cuz its drive me crazy....lol
    Im using mobile 4 now....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everything you said, completely. It is all so very true. I just got out of middle school to be honest, and it's the same way. If you have one thing different about you the whole group of people make a choice to hate you and leave you out. It's basically conform or be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou very much for the comment. From the other comments I've read for this post, it seems we're not the only ones in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Yeah ur right, they r both one but i had to write it in 2 topics cuz i have a specific nom of letters to write by mobile. N ur tottaly right its not God's will as sm ppl think its our choice,but i was wondering y we chose that!
    N of course i dnt mind ur Q ya im frm the middle east frm Syria to b specific...
    N thnx 4 ur help...XD
    How do u deal with ur love situation?
    Wish to hear frm u! ;)
    Tc

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's interesting you say that, but I can't say I agree with the Jesus bit. I'm a non-beliver myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thnx XD
    Of course i speak Arabic, i dnt speak German just know sm words n sentences cuz i love a German music band...lol....=P
    N to English we learn it at school, n i love learn languages..do u think my English is gd?
    Wat abt u do u know other languages but English?
    Yeah its so hard to deal with that....... I hope we'll find sm1 smday...lol

    ReplyDelete