A man approached the stage at a Pro-Life Convention. After taking a moment at the podium to scan over his notes one last time, he began his speech.
He discussed the wrongs of abortion, the lasting guilt and psychological issues that often result from having the procedure done, the fact that even an unborn child deserves the chance to live, and so on.
Suddenly, in the middle of his speech, the speaker asks the crowd, "I'm sorry. Am I offending anyone?"
A young woman wearing a Pro-Choice t-shirt stood up and screamed, "@&%! YES, you are!!!"
Then very calmly the man replies, "God bless you for your honestly, miss. Because when faced with the truth, most people become offended. And I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't lying to any of you."
Quietly and with a bright red face, the young woman sat back down, but not soon enough to prevent the embarrassment of having everyone stare at her and snicker at her outburst.
No comments:
Post a Comment