Friday, June 20, 2008

So I've got this old ratty, holey pair of jeans...

...that I just can't seem to bring myself to give up.

Why do we become so endeared to things that are old and falling apart? Why do we so often cling to the old and reject the new?

I think that's part of the reason that I forget so often that there's more to this life...I'm going to heaven after I die, but it's so hard for me to see past the here and now.

I look back on the past so I don't make the same mistakes today.
I try to live everyday in a way that's pleasing to God.
I look towards the future with uncertainty and anticipation.


But, I'm looking towards the near future in comparison with eternity.


What am I doing now that will last? What am I doing now to store up treasures in heaven and not on earth?

This blog won't last, but maybe the things that I say here will shed some light in other people's lives.

I just have to remember not to get so comfortable in my old jeans that I forget that they won't last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's not so much that I dont think Jesus existed. I think he was once a person and was crucified and all that. It's more about how I can't find myself to believe that he is still here, in heaven and giving guidence as you have explained. I have similar views towards God. I guess theres just not 'good' evidence for me to beleive that all this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like the old things cuz as i believe they make us feel safe..... but ur right they wont last.
    I love so much how u think, n i respect u n ur believes so much.
    Alex i donno whether ur gonna c this or not but believe me Jesus is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete