Friday, June 20, 2008

My Testimony

In light of some of the interesting conversations that I've gotten myself into on Blogger, I've decided to share my testimony with everyone. When a Christian talks about their testimony, it's really just like saying "their story". And this is mine.



I grew up in a Christian home. I started going to church before I could walk. My parents, my grandparents, even my babysitters and most of my neighbors were Christians. So, as a young child, I was exposed to it all. BUT I've seen enough to know that what I saw in my family and in my church was the real deal.
Not only did I hear the message of salvation preached, I saw it lived out in the people around me. These people had true, Jesus-like attitudes, and, even though no one is perfect, these people were consistent, too.

Now, some people would argue that "because I grew up in a Christian home, of course I would be inclined to believe all of that." Maybe...But I consider myself to have a pretty open mind. I'm willing to listen to other people's beliefs and I find them interesting, but I definitely think that they're believing a lie. (No offense to some of my new-found friends out there.) Trust me, I've checked out the Bible for myself; I didn't just blindly accept what I was taught at an early age. The more that I ask questions, the more that I test the Bible, the more I see that God's Word really is true!

So then, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was about nine or ten. Since then, I've seen a change in my life. God is slowly making me more like His Son; it's a work in progress. I still have my faults because I'm human like everyone else. I can be judgemental. Sometimes I speak(or in this case, type) without thinking first. Yes, I can be rude and spiteful and thoughtless, especially to those that I'm close to.

At the same time, it's a really exciting journey that I'm on. Waiting and preparing myself for what God has planned for my life. He's turning me into what He wants me to be. It isn't always fun, but in the end, I know that it will be worth it.





If you have any questions about my faith or anything that I've written, please ask. :]
Thanks for taking the time to read.

10 comments:

  1. i believe that ur Chrestian cuz u really believe in it. Cuz its the same 4 me im Muslim cuz i believe in it,not cuz i was brought up like one. Islam says we mustnt b Muslims just cuz our parents r but bcuz we really believe.
    U know Islam n Chrestin agree on many thngs as believing in 1 God n that there is heaven n hell n alot other things......
    I have 1 Q 4 u: wat do u know n think of Islam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well 4 ur Q i believe that both r true cuz i believe that both relegion were send by 1 God so of course both will b true, n every relegion frm the three relegions is to complete the 1 b4 it n to remind ppl of God cuz there's long time sepreate them frm each other.
    N trust me Mohamd is in HEAVEN as all prophets.....
    I know HE IS thats 4 sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i believe that if u believed in God n u did gd thngs in ur life, to ppl n toward God i mean praying n stuff n if ur gd thngs were more than the bad thngs then u go to heaven
    Wat abt u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe what Jesus, Himself, said:
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

    And Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

    "All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one that does good, no not one." (Psalm 14:3)

    No one is good enough to get into Heaven. You can never out-weigh the bad things with the good.

    I don't know how much of the Bible you believe to be true, but if you think that Islam and Christianity can be connected, you're wrong.
    Sorry. *shrugs*
    It's just that, because Jesus claimed to be God's Son, to be the ONLY way to Heaven, there is NO WAY that these two religions could possibly coincide together.

    "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleaned with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." (Hebrews 9:22)

    "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

    I believe that the only way anyone can get to Heaven is if you believe that Jesus was who He said He was, that He lived a sinless life(something that no one else can do or ever did), and that He died to pay for my sins so that I can be made right with God.

    If Jesus hadn't shed His blood, than there is no way that I could have ever been forgiven.

    But, as you said in your definition of love, God LOVED me. He wanted the best for me and he wanted to spend eternity with me. So He made the greatest sacrifice that anyone could have made: He gave His Son's life. He gave His life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. XD
    Well i believe that they r connected cuz they were send by the God.
    N i dnt believe that Jesus is the God's son. Cuz i believe that there is only 1, n so we can call the God God, God mustnt be like human in anythn including having sons.
    N in normal way ur right most of us if not all wont go to heaven but bcuz God has mercy much of it, God the result of gd thng as ten, n the sin as one or forgiv

    ReplyDelete
  6. or even forgive us 4 it. So with all this i believe that we can go to heaven by our gd work in here cuz this life is a test 4 us.
    I know that both religions r connected cuz thats wat my Quran "muslem's book" says n it also says that to be believers we must believe in God,God's angels, God's books, God's prophets, the "i donno its name the day when evey1 die n God decide whether we should go to

    ReplyDelete
  7. heaven or hell depending on our work in this life, n it also says we must respect all other prophets or else we wont b believers in God.
    U dnt know much of the Bible but u know nthn abt Islam or Quran so how can u tell they're not connected?! Anyway its really nice to know wat u believe n all XD.
    I had to write it in three comments cuz im using mobile.
    Tc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I've read the comments, Praise God ur testimony was used by God to minister to a muslim friend.

    I just pray whatever Word that has planted in his heart it will bear fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm a southern bible thumper here myself! i really think what you've said & quoted is true! for beliveing christians if we think other religons are correct then we shoulld just follow their teaching's instead of our own belief's i'm not saying muslim's are bad people they are just not heaven bound with-out JESUS

    ReplyDelete
  10. no that was not me mrs opal the only reason I thump my Bible is to gain a closer relationship with my god. I surely try not to be judgmental of anyone, because I have my own cross to bear. But I do believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven

    ReplyDelete